Thursday 10 August 2017

Oldie but goodie #13: art Impressions and Decotime Markers, with video

For this oldie but goodie card I used the Art Impressions stamp from the Whoots! series (Umm4120) and I stamped it on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper with Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink.
I diecut the panel with a rounded square die with stitched detail.
I colored the image with the cheapest alcohol markers I've ever encountered: Decotime, they work out at 33 euro cents each! And frankly they work a treat, so I pulled them out again to show you, you don't always need to get the most expensive tools.
They're hard tof ind though, always sold out, and that's not a surprise. I got mine at Action and lately all they seem to stock is the pink and red ones.
I would suggest trying some from Aliexpress, there are great reviews on Youtube about them, there's different kinds and I had good luck with the fake zig ones, honestly.
The only drawback to these markers is that there's not a big range of colors, but you can mix and match them with your own markers, maybe to fill up your collection quickly and cheaply.

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and I wanted it to look like a banner hangign from the branch. In the Birthday balloons set there's a curved one and I thought that was perfect, I stamped it with Versafine Onyx black ink.

I notched the cardbase so I would add some embroidery thread in the same colors as the party hat. The notches keep the tread in place.
Mounted the panel with foamtape.



No comments:

Post a Comment