Monday 12 February 2018

Justine Hovey's Video hop, Camo embossing with video

Today I have the honor to participate in the biggest Youtube hop ever.
As I did last week with a small number of ladies, Justine  also set out to save the smaller Youtube Channels and a lot of well known or bigger channels are helping along the way.

I was allotted 6 minutes or less for my video. So off screen I already diecut and stamped the panels and mounted the first one with foamtape.

A few years ago I made a Christmas card with this technique, I call Camo embossing, as it looks like camouflage clothing to me, maybe not in pink and purples tough...
I made two cards, the first one with the heart uses the most Wow embossing powders:
Heart throb
Shrinking violet
Velvet
Magenta Twinkle
Taffeta pink
Purple glitz.
Simon Says Stamp Die heart of flowers and It's your birthday stampset.
Versafine Onyx black ink and Versamark ink.

I have a big collection of embossing powders, but three would be enough, or two like I used on the feathers. Any colors you have and any combo will work, esp through a detailed diecut like the Heart of Flowers.

I traced the opening and masked it off with Post-it tape, you don;t have to do this, but as the panel is raised, you can peek under and I like it to the crisp and white.
Then I covered the area with embossing ink, I used the Ranger dauber, the mini cube perfect medium and the Versamark inkpad, just to show you can use any. just grab the one you have.
Then I used the Joy! Crafts craft scoops to sprinkle on dots of embossing powders. You don;t need a 100% coverage as when you tilt the card the embossing will stick
anywhere there's still exposed sticky ink. Then tap off the extra. I keep mine in a little craft pots. Wow sells empty embossing pots. They will mix in the pot and create a whole new exciting color.
Heat set the embossing powder and remove masking tape to reveal the cameo effect. Then cover with the diecut panel.

I love how you can see gradients and all the petals are different, but the same.
Then I added a few glittery enamel dots, but this is optional.



For the second card I used the diecut itself, the positive if you like. and just dabbed on the sticky ink with the Ranger emboss it dauber, and then sprinkled on Wow  Vintage Peacock and Sensational Sage, heat set them and repeated the process to cover and bold spots I made with my fingers. Also mounted the feathers with foamtape and the sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp (Birthday Balloons) and I also stamped it with Versafine Onyx black ink and the MISTI for precision Stamping.

And remember the left overs I poured back into one of those little pots? I made these pink/purple ones after wards.

Next stop on your hop is: Janelle B

The prizes all the wonderful sponsers have put up are amazing and from my video comments you can win a $25 dollars giftcard to Simon Says Stamp and 2 Catherine Poolers inks if you're inside the USA only, so please mention your location in the comments on Youtube. Justine Hovey will pick all the winners on February 26th. Then you will have until March 10th to claim your prize, so don't forget to check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment