Thursday 7 December 2017

Everyday Christmas card series #26, using bleach, with video

For today's card and video I used Distress inks and bleach!.
Yes instead of just water, I mixed in a little household bleach for a more dramatic effect.

I started my card by diecutting the Memory Box Enchanted deer collage die from sturdy 300grams/140lbs card, it's the same I use for my cardbases.

For the background I sued Distress inks Chipped sapphire, broken china and tumbled glass.
The green I show in the video is bundled sage, peeled paint and forest moss.

After the inkblending I splattered on the water/bleach solution and heat set it. The effect  becomes apparent when you start heat setting it.
I then splattered on Talens White ecoline and Distress spray stain brushed pewter.
I thought the shimmer is nice for Christmas and it's repeated in the sentiment.

The sentiment comes from the CAS-ual Fridays set calle lovely snowflake.
I used Versamark to stamp it and PaperMania superfine silver embossing powder. Then heat set it.

Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Maaike,must try that technique sometime thanks for sharing.Great video too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete