Monday 11 September 2017

Clean and simple genius?


Well wouldn't say genius, but aficionado for sure.
The My Favorite Things Superstar challenge is called clean and simple genius.

For my card I used the MFT set Party like a pirate for the boy, island sentiment and bird.
I also used the MFT ocean view porthole die and I cut it from gold mirror cardstock.
then I cut a circle out of a cardpanel and traced it on the cardbase to inkblend my sky and ocean (Distress inks mermaid lagoon and salty ocean).

I stamped the images with MFT hybrid black ink onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and colored them with my Spectrum Noir Markers.
Then cut them out. and I chopped of the border from the island so I could make it look like he's actually in the ocean instead of on top.

mounted the porthole with liquid glue to the cardpanel, then mounted everything with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase. used either taperunner or foam for the pirate boy.

No shading beneath him, I think the porthole grounds him just fine ;-).

For more information on the My Favorite things Superstar challenge, see this

No comments:

Post a Comment