Sunday 23 July 2017

AAA cards Challenge #95

The AAA cards challenge this forthnight is: rainbows.
Our sponsor for this challenge: Stamplorations - product specified by Shery, value up to $15 + 10% coupon offer for players.

For my card I used the MISTI and the Simon Says Stamp Happy 3x4 stamp set for the word "happy".
I positioned it 2cm off the bottom ot the cardbase and started stamping.
I used Memento dewdrops for my stamping and I used: Love letter, Tangelo, Dandelion, Peartart, Bahama blue, Grape jelly and lilac posies.

I cleaned off the stamp really well in between colors and moved the card instead of the stamp, at one point I reached the edge of the MISTI, so I lifted up the cardbase and let it stick out at one end, that worked.

For the "birthday"  I also used a Simon Says Stamp stamp set, called "it's your birthday" and I've stamped it with Versafine onyx black ink.
I've added three matching rhinestones along the rainbow.

For more information on the AAA cards challenge, and to enter your own creation, see this

And just to show you if you use the MISTI but don;t align it properly in the corner, you can still mess up your card :-(...had to start over...

7 comments:

  1. Loved this card right from when it first popped up on the DT blog. And I did wonder how you got the words lined up so perfectly, now I know - great little tip Maaike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design! Another gorgeous card and great interpretation of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I love that you mixed the font types and kept the birthday black against the rainbow 'happy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Maaike! Your row filled with colorful happies, make me happy. Smiles, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbow happies all in a perfect row ... how fabulous, Maaike ... crisp, fun, and so deliciously CAS! Thanks so much for coming by, and for your kind words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your card is breathtaking! Love it! Have to get me a MISTI! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Striking, fun and a perfect rainbow 'happy'! CAS brilliance and a real smile-worthy card. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete