Tuesday 27 June 2017

Oldie but goodie #9 and EveryDay Christmas #7, with video

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: stencil it.

For this Oldie but goodie I've also combined the Everyday Christmas with a Penny Black wood mounted stamp called Xmas Crafts and it's from 2003.

But I found it's still available on Ebay , well 2 of them ;-)
I stamped the image with Simon Says Stamp Intense black ink onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and had do use both sides of the paper this time as I rocked the stamp and it moved. Lucky for me paper has two sides ;-).


I used the snowflake stencil from the Create a smile winter 2016 cardkit.
I thought it could look like the two critters are decorating the walls behind them with the snowflakes they're cutting out.
I used Memento summer sky for the inkblending. I used a brush as I found the inkblending foam kept getting caught in the sharp edges of the stencil, But the brush worked super.
I intentionally applied the color a bit random, so you get lighter and darker bits, also tried to do a light a coat as possible, so it would fade into the background.

I used Spectrum Noir and Illustrator markers to color the image.
Then adhered the panel to the cardbase with tape runner.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. That stamp is really cute! And you coloring is wonderful. I also really like the subtle snowflake background. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete