Thursday 8 June 2017

Everyday Christmas #5: polar pals, with video

Number 5 already!. For this card I used the cutest Polar bear pals from My Favorite Things as well as their happy wonderful Christmas die and snowflake dies from Art Impressions.

I started by stamping the polar bears onto the Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and then let the Scan n cut cut them out.
I used a sturdy piece of card stock (140lbs or 300grams) for the panel and die cut the words out of it and then the snowflakes.

I used Distress inks for the background (tumbled glass and mermaid lagoon) I just swiped the ink pad across the card base. I wanted an ombre effect, but of course with swiping you get harsh lines and they didn't really fit  behind the openings, so I went all over the blues with Mermaid lagoon to even the whole thing out.
Mounted the panel with foam squares and attached it to the card base.

Colored the polar bears with Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Illustrator markers and then attached them to the card with tape runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment