Saturday 17 June 2017

Camp create day 5: glitzy glitter, with video

So how do you use glitter, if you don't have many My Favorite Things stand alone die-namics?
Well you get very creative and use a Christmas die for a dude/dad card ;-)

I started my card with the My Favorite Things Stitched triple peekaboo windows and a sturdy cardpanel (140lbs/300grams) and measured the center, then staggerd the die a bunch of times to fill the whole panel with holes.
I placed a piece of typing paper behind the windowed panel with double sided adhesive, so I could puzzle back all the pieces.
Now all three windows are different, but very similar, I had a spot of trouble with that..ahum..
I diecut  the peekaboo window from 4 colors of glitter paper, first I had pulled more, but there were a few colors that I didn't like in there, like the black and pale blue, so went for 4 as there are 8 (almost) whole holes and 2 bits.
I also had to do some repair with loose glitter as I stuck the wrong bits and stuck is stuck on the Elizabeth crafts double sided tape, see video how I revived this card with surgical precision....lol
I diecut the Happy wonderful Christmas words out of black cardstock, for my sentiment.
I played around with the letters a bit, I could spell I love you dad, or mum, mom, but that was quite a large sentence.
I went to see if I had matching stamps and found "hey" from Paper Smooches' fun and flirty set and thought Hey! dude would be cool, could be for father's day but also for a
man any other time of the year.

I cut a strip of 140lbs card and traced a line, I stamped Hey and then placed the die cut word on the line. I drew in the ! mark.

Cut the strip into fishtails and placed it on the card with foam tape

For more information on the Camp create event, see this

No comments:

Post a Comment