Sunday 11 June 2017

AAA cards challenge #92

This is my first entry as a Design team (DT) member, I'm so excited to be part of this great challenge blog, I've entered my cards for a couple of years  and now I'm a behind the scenes person,  kind of ;-)....

OK, onto the card: the theme is resist technique. I used the heat embossing resist for my card.

I started by wiping my card with a powder tool to remove stick.

I stamped the dandelion stamp from Marianne design onto my card base with Versamark ink, sprinkled on Zing white embossing powder and heat set it.

Then I masked of the area where around the dandelion with Post-it tape.

For the ink blending I've used Memento inks: Grape Jelly, Lilac posies and Lulu lavender and a  mini round ink blending tool.
I love how you can blend with Memento inks and how smoothly it dries out.

The sentiment is from Sizzix (659798 birthday by Stephanie Bernard) and I used Versafine onyx black ink. I thought it to be a perfect match as somehow people started making wishes on dandelions, it is said to see if the man you liked, would like you back, if you blew off all the seeds , then he would, if not then nope...superstitions, superstitions....I looked it up and humans make all sorts of wishes on strange objects, like the wishbone in a chicken, or candles on a cake, dandelions, falling stars are the most common ones.

For more information on the AAA cards challenges, see this



9 comments:

  1. Oooo blowing dandelion seed heads and chanting the clock hours is such a classic memory from my childhood! And you've used some of my favourite colours too, magic. Welcome to the AAA Cards team Maaike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! simply swooning at this dreamy, elegant and sophisticated creation Maakie. Love the colour choice the image has such movement and your sentiment is so perfect with the blowing of the dandelion seeds. A massive welcome to the AAA cards design team and I hope you have a wonderful week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so eye-catching Maaike! I love the colours you've chosen and the blending is amazing! I have never used Memento inks for blending, must try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Maaike! Love the ombre colors in the background and now I really want to get a dandelion stamp so I can make this for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, beautiful colours! It is exciting to be part of the design team!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new DT. Love the card. Ill be trying to play along on the challenge before it ends. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image you've used and the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the team! I've very excited to have you join us and I'm looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Looking forward to work with you at the AAA DT! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete