Saturday 11 March 2017

chlorophyll stamping...


..yes that's right, no ink, no stamps, just raiding the balcony pots. I have lots of ferns on my balcony as it's in the shade most of the day. so I went out and picked one iconic fern leaf,  I also have others that are less recognisable.

Anyway...

I put the leaf on the cardfront, in between kitchen paper and then  "diecut" it like you would a thinlit.

The pressure of the machine  squeezes out all the juices and thus cholorophyll. leaving an imprint,you can do this with flowers too, but leaves are nice and flat and easier to crank through I suppose. Also they need to be fresh leaves, not dried up ones in the atumn.

Then I stamped the sentiment from Darkroom door (stand out) in Versafine black onyx ink.


For more information on the Less is More challenge, see this

9 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo" What a fab idea - it rocks this challenge too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I don't think I've ever seen leaf-pressing on a card front before. Thanks for sharing. Does it change color over time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i made some just before winter, and they are still green, but longer term than that I don't know ;-) I think sun might ruin them as cholorphyll is sun activated?

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a novel idea! It sure rocks that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm going to have to try this technique Maaike and thanks for sharing. So many 'freebie' dies right under my nose! This looks fantastic with the bold sentiment and subtle leaf. Great idea and thanks for playing with us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes many to choose from, i think herbs like parsley and basil would be cool or mint, hoping they leave their perfume behind....must try

      Delete
  5. A lovely use of this technique - so very clean and stylish, and a perfect background to the bold sentiment. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous idea, Maaike and creates a beautiful effect! I love the way you have interpreted our theme this week - thanks for playing along at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How incredibly clever to use a technique like this Maaike! I thought at first you had softly stamped the leaf so was really surprised when I read what you had done. The delicate leaf looks dreamy behind the bold sentiment. Brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete