Saturday 7 January 2017

Superhero card




For my nephew, who's turning 12 next week I  made this card.
I'm entering into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: start afresh.

I got the Uniko (explosion) stamp in earlier this week and the My Favorite Things stamp (superhero boy) today!
I was quite anxious about it getting in in time, so I started the cardbase yesterday, I stamped all the words and graphics from the stampset with Memento dewdrops in fun and bright colors, I hope boy colors, but I'm not an expert on 11 year old boys, lol.
Anyway for the superhero I stamped him with My Favorite Things hybrid black ink onto Schut watercolor paper and used Talens Ecoline to color him, then cut him out and then I went around the edges with Memento black marker and mounted him with foam tape to the cardbase.
I didn't include a sentiment on the front as it's quite busy as is ;-)
Though about a black strip, but decided against it.
I've used fixative off camera to set the image.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this



1 comment:

  1. I love this card and it will be perfect for your nephew...it's just so cool and so much fun! Thank you so much for playing along and for sharing your project with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete