Wednesday 18 January 2017

A winter birthday

This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, that is about to run out (winter birthday, showcasing Lawn Fawn) and the Monday Challenge (Chill out).

For my card I used a 140lbs watercolor panel and I applied water where I wanted my colored banner.
I used Distress inks (shaded lilac, broken china and Mermaid lagoon) and one Spectrum Aqua marker (orchid) to deepen the purple a bit.

I heat set it and then stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp (it's your birthday 3x4) with Versafine black onyx ink. Heat set it too.

Then I used the snowflakes from Lawn Fawn's winter penguin and critters in the snow and I stamped them with Versamark so I can heat emboss them. I used Wow! Opaque bright white for that and the MISTI as it's watercolor paper.
Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered is off centre on the cardbase. I like more room at the bottom as it makes the panel float instead of heavy to the eye.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Maaike, I love the watercolours panel, the colours and CAS design are perfect :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so beautiful! I love the way you blended the colors together so skillfully. It is just the perfect amount of color for those stunning snowflakes to stand out against. It has a frosty elegance to it and it is really pretty! Thank you so much for sharing your skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete