Wednesday 7 December 2016

Ice inspiration


The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: Ice inspiration showcasing My Favorite Things.

I made a shaker card.
To make the window I used a Spellbinders die and cut it out a cardpanel.
Stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Tings (MFT) Beast friends with MFT hybrid black ink.
Then I stamped the yeti on Copix xpress it card also with the MFT hybrid black ink and colored him with my Spectrum Noir markers. Cut him out, went around the edges with a Memento marker and stuck him to the cardpanel. To ground him I colored some shadows beneath him, very lightly, just a hint.
 I chose a more vibrant red and green than the inspiration photo and as I wanted the yeti to stand out I chose that beige in the photo as my yeti color, Or there would have been too much white I think.

I built up the shaker compartment with two layers of foamtape.
then filled it with white and blue glitter and star confetti.
Adhered another layer of acetate.
For the background I used Bristol smooth paper as an experiment to watercolor with Distress inks and Winsor & Newton Iridescerent medium, I  had some left over from my Monday Challenge card, so you  know waste not, want not ;-)

Let that dry then applied Wendi Vecchi embossingpaste through the SSS falling snow stencil, let it dry again.

Adhered everything to a cardpanel.


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this

1 comment:

  1. Adorable shaker card! Love that snowflake and cute image!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete