Monday 21 November 2016

Building a scene with your stamps, with Lawn Fawn Pa rum pa pumpum and a video

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is : trio-tastic, use a trio of something.
I used three images from the Pa rum pa pum pum set from Lawn fawn.

I first stamped them on Inkadinkado maskingpaper and cut them out.
I then started by stamping the train and masked it, as I want the train in the front, I need to start with it. The stamped the rocking horse and bear over top, the masking paper protects the train. I used Memento Tuxedo black for all my stamping.

The positioned the sentiment to the right.

I hand drew the Christmas tree and lights, kept the lights all yellow, just to push it to the background as I want the toys to be the focal point.


Colored the whole scene with my Spectrum Noir markers. I work on the Crafter's Companion paper, wich is Neenah solar white ultra smooth cardstock.
I kept the coloring fairly simple, two, max three colors as the images are small and the feel is cartoony I liketo color them simply, if the stamps were more realistic I would adapt my coloring to suit those images, lucky for me I only have cartoony like stamps as I love those haha.

I used my Signo white gel pen to add dots to the eyes, makes them more lively
Adhered the panel onto the cardbase with tape runner.

Off camera I added a glittery enamel fot from Papermania, to the tree top, for some extra sparkle. I also added some Wink of Stella to the lights and the stars on the train.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this

No comments:

Post a Comment