Thursday 13 October 2016

Are you Yeti for Christmas? with 2 videos



I’m assuming it’s a pun on “are you ready for Christmas?” but i’m not sure...
Aside from the language barrier getting in the way of jokes, this latest set from My Favorite Things is soooooooo adorable I just had to get it.
I’m entering an MFT card challenge for the first time with this card and 2 videos accompany this adventure.
Mostly because it would have been a 30 minute video, even sped up.
On my last video someone commented I need to speak louder. I feel like I am shouting, but the microphone (which is at my lips) and the audio setting in Movie Maker do not go up further than what I put out.
So please turn up your volume instead.

I started the card with an intricate partial die cut.
If I could, I would have gotten the dies too, but the set was all I could afford this month, so I’m showing the process with the Magical dragons as I have the dies for them.

Instead the Yeti I cut out with scissors. I did cut off the little strand of lights dangling from his right arm as that was too complicated and delicate to even attempt.

Part two of the video, shows I made the background with Distress ink (Dusty concord, Shaded lilac and Tumbled glass).
I sued a Simon Says stamp stencil (falling snow) and Wendi Vecchi embossingpaste. I sprinkled Wow! Clear hologram sparkle embossing glitter over the wet embossing paste, and set it aside to dry, whilst I would color my Yeti.

Usually I do not like cold greys on living animals, this is blue grey, but I think it goes as the background is also blue tinted, it makes it look grey again.
The blue face was inspire by a card I saw from Francine Vuillème, she makes great cards.

I tried a green face, but again, not advisable as it makes the Yeti look like a zombie, dead again.
I didn’t shade the light bulbs at all as they’re so small, but I added some sparkle with a white gel pen, also to his eyes,

Now a smear of black soot appeared on the front of the panel, I now know how it got there, but as I wasn’t going to start over I disguised it with a die cut Christmas tree. I had planned a tree in the window behind the Yeti, just not there ;-) anyway It looks good.
Mounted the panel with foam tape onto the card base.


So for those who don;t recognize the sketch in my card, My vision was the lover banner is the horizontal stamped sentiment and the  square with the letters in is my circle window. Not sure if all this is allowed , as I say my first time joining in ;-)


For more information on the My Favorite Things Challenge, see this


Part one: the intircate partial die cutting:


Part two: the coloring ans assembly:


No comments:

Post a Comment